I saw this on another account I have and found myself nodding along to a lot of it – it ties in heavily with the last few posts I have made as well. Too often we confuse life by thinking success is about the things we own. We are quick to judge and slow to forgive. I’ve found in some situations you can make yourself fit in if you bitch about others. It takes a much stronger, better person to realise if that’s what it takes to fit in with those people then those aren’t the people you want in your life! It might mean you have a smaller circle of friends, but they will be friends, not just faces that you know. Before you bounce ahead and bitch about others to fit in – think about who would really be there for you – I can guarantee you it won’t be ‘those types of people’. Quite often people that spend their time bitching about others will have a gaggle of people around them because no one wants to be next on their list, it’s not usually about having a dazzling personality. Quite often they are quick to point out everyone else’s flaws so that you don’t take the time to notice theirs. They are not better than you so don’t let them think they are. Rise above and if they can’t be bothered to take the time to get to know you then it really is their loss.
Life can be tough enough so why invite more trouble in? I know if you are being bullied or feel down on your luck it’s really annoying when someone says that things will get better and to rise above, but you really have to try and you’ll see that things do seem to happen for a reason and you just have to make sure you are open to all that is around you and to not carry all the bad things with you – but learn from them and then let them go.
There is someone whose path crosses mine from time to time. She fits the category of the person I am describing hugely. She is so quick to judge in a negative way and from what I can see she is always getting it wrong. I think when she is alone she can’t be very happy. She just screams negativity to me – and why would you want to invite that into your life?
It’s your life don’t let someone else define who you are for you.
It’s cool to be different anyway!
1. Drink plenty of water.
2. Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar.
3. Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants.
4. Live with the 3 E’s – Energy, Enthusiasm and Empathy
5. Play more games.
6. Read more books than you did in 2010.
7. Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day.
8. Sleep for 7 hours.
9. Take a 10-30 minutes walk daily. And while you walk, smile.
1. Don’t compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
2. Don’t have negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
3. Don’t over do. Keep your limits.
4. Don’t take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
5. Don’t waste your precious energy on gossip.
6. Dream more while you are awake.
7. Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need.
8. Forget issues of the past. Don’t remind your partner with his/her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.
9. Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don’t hate others.
10. Make peace with your past so it won’t spoil the present.
11. No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
12. Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn. Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
13. Smile and laugh more.
14. You don’t have to win every argument. Agree to disagree.
1. Call your family often.
2. Each day give something good to others.
3. Forgive everyone for everything.
4. Spend time with people over the age of 70 & under the age of 6.
5. Try to make at least three people smile each day.
6. What other people think of you is none of your business.
7. Your job won’t take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.
1. Do the right thing!
2. Get rid of anything that isn’t useful, beautiful or joyful.
3. However good or bad a situation is, it will change.
4. No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
5. The best is yet to come.
6. Your Inner most is always happy. So, be happy.